So, off we went to the park for a bit before we dropped off dinner and headed home. This is when things got a little blurry for me. I don't remember why (if I even knew why), but Owen had a complete melt down when I got to the car to get the food. He didn't want to walk, nor did he want to get in his car seat. I sent Victoria on her way as Gwendolyn had to get back home for a treatment. HALF AN HOUR LATER I was able to pin him down into his car seat so we could finally leave!
Let me describe the situation here: He was screaming at the TOP of his lungs, turning his body over so I couldn't get him to sit down. It was not the most fun part of my day to say the least! All he wanted to do was sit in the front seat of the car and push all the buttons, turn the dials and watch the windshield wipers go. I let him do this for a bit just to calm him down, but the mere mention of him going to the back seat sent him into cries and screams. You would have thought that the car seat was made of hot coals! I called Daddy AND Nanna to talk some sense in to him when I was at my wits end. Nanna even tried to bribe him with a trip to the zoo tomorrow and he shook his head no. Eventually I just bit the bullet (for the 4th time) and literally wrestled my strong toddler into his seat. We went 2 blocks to drop off the long awaited dinner and he was fine for the rest of the ride home. OH, and then right as I pulled in my driveway, I realized that the hamburger buns (that we just bought hours before I went downtown) to go w/ the black bean Jamaican burgers I made for Bill and Victoria I left at home! Grrr.
Fortunately, I am married to a very sweet and smart man who greeted me at our front door with a big glass of wine and a hug! I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring! (Lets hope it takes it's sweet time on getting here : )
Here is a picture at the end of the day of our little trouble maker. He looks to sweet to be such a handful! He is capable of much more than I could ever imagine!



1 comment:
oh, terri, sorry to hear you had a rough time with the little guy! it is amazing how much they want things their way now, isn't it! i have had to wrestle ella in her carseat many a time but usually it goes easier if she has something to take her mind off of getting in the carseat like a snack or toy. this is not always foolproof of course, especially when really tired!!!
Post a Comment