script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday, April 18, 2009

BIG WEEKEND!

Last night I got to go to a New Kids on the Block concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl with my oldest best friend, Amy (I have known her since pre-school). We used to LOVE NKOTB like no other! My walls were plastered with pictures of these boys when I was about 12 or 13. I knew the lyrics to every song, the moves to every dance and day dreamed that I would get to meet them...especially Jon Knight! (oh, and when we met, he would of course fall in love with me and we would be happy together forever!.......turns out that Jon is now gay....go figure!) Last night's concert was fabulous and felt like they were singing just to us : ) Meanwhile, Owen was sound asleep at Grandma's house.








Adam and I got to sleep in this glorious morning before heading out to Sambo's with our friends for breakfast. Nanna, however, was up at 7 AM and watched Owen water her garden...and himself ; ) After she cleaned up my muddy pumpkin, she took him to one of his favorite places in the world....the zoo! After spending a fun day w/ Nanna it was time for a nap on the ride home. By the time I came home from work, Adam had to leave for his job. I packed up Owen and we went to the harbor to see "Dada."
















We have friends who hosted a pool tournament at Endless Summer to raise money for a MS walk they were doing. So I came to support them. However, I couldn't quite play pool as Owen was running all over the place! He was trying to get into the cookies that were for sale, and grabbing the billiard balls and throwing them. He HAD to touch everything he wasn't supposed to touch. It was almost impossible to have a conversation with my friend while all this is going on. It was time to get outta there!














Inside the bar, Amy and Brian (her husband) met us for a drink. I thought if Owen was in a high chair he might be OK. This proved to be a wrong assumption. He wanted nothing to do w/ a high chair and just wanted to run around a VERY busy restaurant. When I tried to pick him up, his body went completely limp and the temper tantrum began. High pitched screams, red face, the whole nine! (I am sure my face was redder.) People seemed understanding and just laughed, thank god. We quickly left and just walked down to the beach for plan B.














The beach is Owen's second favorite place to go. He loves to find rocks and throw them in the water. The tide was slowly coming in and he kept getting in the water deeper and deeper. He was pretty much wet up to his waist. After half an hour of tossing rocks into the ocean he finally lost his balance and fell face first into the shallow wave. Poor little guy was completely soaked from head to toe and not very happy about it. (We did get a picture of this on Brian's camera, I will post it when I get it from him.) Fortunately, I usually keep a second set of clothes in his diaper bag. I stripped him down and bundled him up in some dry clothes. It was finally time to go. We came home and I gave him a nice warm bubble bath and put him to bed. It was a very full day for this little man of ours.


My beach babe after a long day in the sun!









No comments: