script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Feast-er!













What a beautiful day today! We hosted brunch outside for my Mom, David and Grandma Zena. They came over at 11:00 so Owen would be napping and therefore, we could cook and eat in peace : ) We began the day with mimosas which always makes for a bright start in the morning! My mom brought over my favorite lemon cake (a Barefoot Contessa recipe) and deviled eggs (from dyed Easter eggs). I made California eggs benedict (w/ avocado and tomato instead of ham), a fruit salad, and swiss chard (from mom's garden) with sauteed mushrooms. Oh, and David brought over a ham for himself and Adam (because I don't cook meat, nor do I eat pork). We had a feast to say the least! (that was meant to rhyme : ).

While Owen was napping, we filled colorful plastic eggs with things like raisins, kashi cereal, dried blueberries, goldfish crackers, and puffed corn. Adam placed them in the garden for Owen to find when he woke up. After a record 3 Hour nap, he was finally ready for some Easter egg hunting! Once the "hunt" began, he would immediately open and eat the contents of each egg as he found them. The empty eggs were then placed in his basket. We did have chocolate chips in one egg. However, Adam "hid" it in the sun not knowing what was in it. After that long nap and all......you can figure out how that one turned out.
Once we came inside, we let Owen eat his chocolate bunny. Despite the poor ingredients, I couldn't resist buying the "Too Tall Bunny" who's ears were outside of the box for Owen. He wasn't sure what to make of this creature at first, but once he took a bite, we saw smiles. He even hugged it at one point! He grazed about an inch off the ears before he was over it.
After everyone left and Owen was in bed for the night, I was left standing face to face with the injured bunny. It's Easter, I had to do it....I ate the rest of the ears. I realized that this was pretty crappy chocolate and not worth the calories, nor did I need to fill my healthy boy's body with additives I could not pronounce so the bunny is now laid to rest at the bottom of our trash can.
This is what was left.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Terri ! We really enjoyed talking/seeing you on Skype yesterday. You can imagine how thrilled PopPop is that Owen is saying his name ! He was smiling all day :) and the laugh is so contagious it's wonderful to hear "in person"!
love you all

Victoria Strong said...

So cute. Happy Easter sweet Anton family.