Yesterday I pulled out a drawer too far and it landed on my big toe. The pain brought me to my knees with a yelp as Owen looked at me overly concerned. He came over and gave me a hug and kissed "mamma's owie." That of course took ALL the pain away. I kiss all of his boo boo's when he gets hurt. This morning, I bumped my bruised toe again and said "ouch;" Owen came over immediately and before I knew it he was kissing my toe again. What a sweet way to start the day.
Today I took him to feed the ducks with our friends Daalia and Laith. We didn't have the strollers with us, so we let them walk to the ducks. In my mind, it wasn't very far off, however I have never done this walk with two 19 month old boys before. It took FOREVER to get anywhere! Our little explorers only wanted to go in the direction they felt like going, AND in their own time. Daalia used a bag of snacks as her motivator for Laith, which worked for a short time. I used the promise of a visit to Nanna and Pappy (who happen to live around the corner) to get Owen running in the right direction. From a slow short walk I had envisioned, it turned out to be a strength training day of lifting, carrying and sprinting! Those ducks felt like they were miles away!
Two of Owen's new discoveries are crayola markers and ice cream sandwiches. The ice cream sandwiches he makes his "cold face" (you will have to see this on video if I can get it!) and enjoys every last bit. With the markers, as you can see, he likes to color in his mouth some times, but his coloring is keeping his attention much longer than it us
ed to : )
He is also expressing his desire to wear what he wants. (This reminds me of a child I see at UCSB sometimes with his dad and he is ALWAYS wearing his superman costume (no where near Halloween)...I have a feeling that is what I have to look forward to). Here he is in his Ladies Man shirt, with his cowboy pajama bottoms (he likes the horses on them), and his sun hat. It's very difficult to dress him in what you want him to wear these days. He would much rather run around in the buff, or wear something "unique." ; ) Last night while I had to work, Adam said that he let him run around for half an hour naked before bed because he refused to sit still for a diaper or pajama
s.



1 comment:
Owie kisses are the BEST! Jack get ice (Lightning McQueen ice pack)from the freezer whenever anyone gets hurt. It almost makes us forget about the tantrums they throw :)
Post a Comment