script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Times

Sunday we had a fantastic brunch with our friends The Strongs at The Boathouse on the beach. Owen was well behaved and was waving and blowing kisses to Gwendolyn through breakfast. I don't think Gwendolyn minded the attention, as she was smiling every time I looked over at her.
After breakfast we let Owen run around the beach for a while. He was very interested in playing with two other boys who were building a castle. They were sweet and let him in on their games. I think all Owen wanted was a rock that they were burying in the "castle." When they were tired of playing in the sand, they handed the rock to him and said that he could have it now, they were done with it. Too cute!
Once we left the beach we took a short Sunday drive up through Hope Ranch....After Owen was done playing in the car first of course. We can't wait for this phase to end. He has to explore the car before and after we go somewhere EVERY TIME.

Yesterday I had a very long day of work, so my sweet husband (after watching Owen all day) decided to find a recipe I had just cut out of a magazine and make it for dinner. He made a pesto sauce with pistachio nuts, parsley and mint from scratch (super fresh and summery tasting), and served it with pasta, asparagus, grape tomatoes and an amazing salad on the side with the works! Adam is not one who enjoys cooking, so for him to take the time to go to the store, prepare the meal by himself while I got to relax, I was IMPRESSED and very thankful! (AND it was REALLY good!)


Giving Hoppa a ride on his giraffe in the morning : )

2 comments:

Aunt Anna said...

OOOh how nice to live al fresco. We had such a cold night yesterday that I brought the flowers in to stave off the frost.
Brrr... what a horrible Winter/Spring.
Santa Barbara is the place to be!
You are so lucky.
Adam always made friends at the beach when he was little. Boys are like that. They see a group of kids with a ball (or a rock) and join right in. Nobody seems to mind and the beat goes on. How lucky to be so carefree!
Anna

Victoria Strong said...

So sweet -- Owen for just being so darn cute and Adam for taking such good care of you...and you deserve it. And BTW, I didn't realize I am a full head shorter than you -- guess my "Big" personality makes me feel bigger :)