We are excited knowing that we get to meet our daughter for the first time very soon! I am curious to see what she looks like, what her personality will be, and really hope she is a good sleeper : )
Owen is starting to sense this life change and has become a "Mamas' boy" this week. We have played together a lot more during the day since I am not working at UCSB anymore until the fall. I am getting a lot more hugs, kisses, "I love yous" and wanting to just be near me. He doesn't want to sleep in his bed, he just wants to cuddle up next to me on the floor of his room until he goes to sleep. I am OK with that for now, knowing that he needs the extra comfort. I am loving it to be honest. BUT I am a little worried about how he will handle bed time when Adam is at work and I have a newborn I will have to tend to.... I'll keep you posted on that one!
He still kisses and hugs my belly every day and tells his "baby sister" that he loves her and he wants to take her to the park and the zoo and the beach, etc.... it's really sweet. I am enjoying the last days of having an only child to swaddle with love. The love will not stop of course, but my attention will soon be divided as my heart grows to love yet another little angel who is on her way very soon.



1 comment:
This past week I have been mourning the last weeks of E's single childhood. It is natural, and I too am savoring our mommy and me time together :ouTou wrote about your feelings so well! Best wishes!
Post a Comment