script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Friday, June 11, 2010

Graduations!

My niece, Katie, graduated with honors from Santa Barbara High School! She will be starting her freshman year at UCLA this fall. I am SO proud of her and all of her accomplishments! She has had a rough high school career for many reasons, and despite it all, she still works hard, plays hard and shines brighter than ever. Katie is radiant, down to Earth, has a quick wit and sees life clearly. Matthew, my nephew, just graduated with honors from 8th grade at Marymount. He has worked very hard at his young academic career and will be going to a reputable, yet small boarding school, Cate, in Carpinteria in August. He is hoping to become a doctor one day. He was dealt the same hand as Katie, and has overcome his obstacles with grace and confidence. He was awarded the highest honor at Marymount during his graduation ceremony. You can't know him and not love him to bits. I have loved watching these two grow up into such wonderful people. I am proud to be their Aunt and love to brag about them! I wish them both a life full of success, love and utter happiness!!

No comments: