
Today was a great day! We decided to take it easy for Adam's birthday this year and just hang out at the beach for a while in Summerland. Owen of course stripped down to his "tiny hiney" and had a blast running around non stop throwing rocks into the ocean.

Adam got to relax and get some much needed sunshine while Owen got to burn off lots of pent up energy, it was great! We have been having "June Gloom" for a while now with overcast days until the late afternoon, and today was the first day we got to wake up to sunshine and it didn't stop all day!! Adam was even greeted by a pod of dolphins shortly after we arrived at the beach : ) You just can't have a bad day after seeing them swim by to say hello.

Katie and Matthew met us at the beach for a while which was nice to catch up with them for a bit.

Adam had been really wanting to go to Stacky's Beachside, so that's where we all ended up for lunch and were not disappointed (though I was so hungry by the time I got there, they could have served me a squirrel sandwich and I would have eaten it!). It's a great little casual beach restaurant that we should really try to go to more often.


Sadly, Adam had to work tonight, but we put chairs out on the street already in preparation for tomorrow's Summer Solstice Parade downtown! This has become a family favorite event. We go every year and it never disappoints! Lots of wacky people, crazy costumes and fun. I am looking forward to tomorrow, and glad that this baby hasn't come yet so I can attend! (though, the night isn't over, and tomorrow is a full moon, which means lots of babies being born due to the gravitational pull of the moon.....we'll see!)
No comments:
Post a Comment