My Mom made an incredible brunch with blueberry blintz's, two egg dishes, fruit salad, croissants, mimosas, the whole nine. She decorated the house beautifully and put her special touch into everything from the favors to the way the gifts were displayed! It was a perfect day, thanks Mom.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Baby Shower
Well, here we are at 9 months along and 4 weeks to go! This pregnancy is flying by so fast, I can't believe it. This weekend my amazing mother decided to throw me a really sweet baby shower. She kept it small and quaint and I made sure that boys were allowed to attend : ) I don't know why baby showers have become a women's event. This is Adam's baby too, so I think he should be just as involved in celebrating her life. (Plus, I wanted some of the attention diverted away from me, as I am not an attention seeker ; )
Owen was prepped all week and couldn't stop talking about "baby sister's shower." He walked around all week practicing saying "Thank you for coming!" (My mom told him to hand out all the favors as people were leaving : ) He even got plenty of presents to open for himself to help him feel included and not jealous. Honestly, he is just as excited as Adam and I are and I have not sensed any negativity or jealousy at all yet. He has however pretended to be a baby at times, and I am guessing it will get worse once she arrives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment