After a few hours, we coaxed Owen into taking his pj's off and putting on play clothes. Finally, we got him to agree to get in the car to go somewhere (anywhere) fun with Mommy. Before we got two miles down the road, he was out cold in his car seat. I brought a book just in case this happened. I took a nice drive downtown and ended up in the mountains. Owen woke up just as I parked the car and was ready to go! We parked at Skofield Park and walked to Rattlesnake trail for a little hike. 
I am glad we did it, though it will probably be the last time I do it without Adam while I am pregnant. It was a little tricky getting over the creek bed and not getting wet. I picked up Owen and hopped a couple of rocks and the rest was a cake walk. Phew! He had a great time throwing rocks and sticks into the running water. I finally convinced him to start walking so we could find more rocks up above. We walked until he mentioned he wanted his snack (a sentence I hear several times an hour typically). We found a perfect little spot on a rock for him to sit and eat. He owned it and did not want to leave.

I finally got to see my wildflowers everywhere! So pretty. This was one of the areas that was burned in one of the recent fires, so it was pretty cool to see so much overgrown greenery amongst charred black tree branches.




When we got home, we got a package from Aunt Joanie and Grandmom for Easter. It was the cutest little bunny. You pull the tail back and he hops around in a circle. Owen LOVED it and cracked up every time! We also got the most darling pair of pink and black Mary Jane newborn socks for the baby. Thank you!! xo



No comments:
Post a Comment