Sadly, my day off was the start of this crazy storm CA has been getting. We drove about 5 hours in the rain to San Jose to see Grandma Suzanne (my Dad's mom) and my uncle Pat, Aunt Cindy and cousin Brian. (So mad at myself, I didn't take ONE picture!) It was a nice visit, but too short as always. I don't think we were there for more than two hours before we got back in the car to head to San Ramon (45 minutes away) to visit Norm (family friend, like a father to me).
We skipped any idea of taking Owen to a restaurant for dinner that night. I couldn't fathom putting him back in the car, and I only imagined what sort of shenanigans he would have gotten into while running around a restaurant after being cooped up in a rainy car all day. We were too tired to even think about chasing him, so we got comfortable and ordered pizza at home. It was nice to relax and spend some time with Norm for the evening, though I was in bed by 9:30! So tired.
After dinner it was time to put our sleepy head to bed. We were worried about how this was going to go down since we are still dealing with the pacifier issue, and he was going to be sleeping in a big, fairly high bed in his own room...ALONE! Fortunately, he was SO excited to be in a big bed with fluffy pillows and comforters, that he didn't make a peep when I left the room. (Time to get a toddler bed at home soon.) He slept great until he woke up soaked from a leaky diaper just before 6 AM : (
Of course Owen decides to take a 15 minute nap before we get to my Grandmother's house, and would not even wink one eye shut on the entire ride back home.
Needless to say, after a quick wipe down with baby wipes and fresh warm clothes, we were back on our way, and made it home safe and sound. It was way too much driving with a toddler in such a short amount of time. We didn't get to see friends or any other family that live up there either. : ( I will not do this trip again in so few days. I need a minimum of 3-4 days to make it worth while. Though it was nice to see everone, we didn't get to visit anyone long enough.



No comments:
Post a Comment