script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

We brought Owen with us to my 19 week ultrasound this morning. We have been putting off explaining that he was going to get a new brother or sister for a while now. We didn't want him to ask about it for the entire 40+ weeks. One minute can feel like an eternity to a child, let alone 9 months.

Owen and I both knew it was a girl from the start. Even the nurse asked him on her way out if he thought he would be getting a brother or a sister, and of course he said "Sister!" 10 minutes later the doctor came in and confirmed his answer : ) We took home a DVD of the ultrasound. It's amazing what you can see these days! He said she looks very healthy and is about 10 oz. and 10 inches long already! We are all very excited, and looking forward to raising a little girl along with Owen. There are not many girls on either side of our family, so it was a pleasant surprise to everyone.

Since figuring this whole thing out, Owen has been SO sweet to his little sister. He kisses my belly and says "I wuv you little baby" several times a day. He can't wait to meet her. He says "baby's so sweet" (he says this to his cute stuffed animals, dogs and other babies too) while touching my stomach. He thinks she lives in "mommy's pants." And when I am in the bathroom he says "mommy going potty, baby going potty too." When we ask him what we should name her he always replies with a giggly "Baby Poopies" or "Pooh-Pas." We will not be naming our daughter that by the way ; ) He does seem to like every name we have suggested though.

I made the mistake today of telling him that he will feel the baby kick soon, and he said "Owen kick Mommy too" just before he kicked me in the leg! Ouch!


Anyway, reality is setting in and we are starting to get excited about the whole thing. Time to start shopping for any color but blue! : )I should have turned a little more to the side for this picture. I swear my belly is bigger than it looks here!

1 comment:

Aunt Anna said...

A new baby girl! It dosn't seem possible. We are all so excited.
Terry, your posts are so beautifully executed. It's like reading an adventure bookand anticipating the next entry. I think Owen looks cute with his bwl cut! Very boyish. Starting to lose that baby look :(
Keep 'em comin'!
Hugs,
Anna