script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Birthday central!

We were invited to 4 Birthday parties today. We went to three and I am pooped! First, we went to Gabriel's 4th Birthday. It was at his grandparent's beautiful home in Montecito. Gabriel is such a sweet boy and he and Owen get along so well. We love to get those guys together, and Adam and I happen to just love Gabriel's parents as well, so it's a win win! Owen got to play in yet another bouncy house (castle), eat another cupcake, swing at his first pinata, put his feet in a rocky stream like fountain, and make lots of new friends. It was a fantastic party, they went all out!

Pinata time!After party #1 we got in the car and headed to Padaro Grill for party #2; Princess Gwendolyn's 2nd Birthday!! This princess party was also beautifully done. Everything that Victoria touches turns to gold. So much thought and love went into every detail of the party, from the gold crowns that each child could decorate and keep, to the balloons at each table with pictures of Gwendolyn, it was all very sweet.

Gwendolyn was decked out in a darling princess dress, as was her Mom ; ) They had a balloon guy, face painter, mini cupcakes, a home made banner, the list goes on and on. It was absolutely perfect! A party fit for a true princess!
(Marina, I hope you don't mind I borrowed your picture of G for the blog, it was so cute, and I didn't a chance to get one on my camera, we were there for such a short time.)
Unfortunately we couldn't stay for long because Adam had to work : ( but I am so glad Gwendolyn let us into to her fairy land for a bit. She had a smile on her face the entire time! Happy Birthday Gwendolyn!! xoxo

It was probably a good thing that we left when we did because Owen didn't get his nap and hit a wall (figuratively) while we were there. We put him in the car and he fell asleep pretty quickly. Just in time to rest up for the last party of the night; Uncle Mark's 50th!!

My cousin Todd and his family, came yesterday to surprise his dad (my uncle) for his birthday. Owen was pretty excited to hang out with his older cousin Riley (almost 4) and his little cousin "baby Ashley" (10 months). He just showered Ashley in sweet kisses on the head. Owen LOVES babies!

My Mom of course went all out on the food as always. Everything was delicious! Mark didn't want cake; just dark chocolate and red zin (smart man). My mom cleverly put pieces of dark chocolate piled high on a cake plate and put two 5 0 candles in two brownies so he could at least make a wish. It was a nice night.

The boys helping Mark blow out the candles. I guess, when your 50 you need the extra help! ;)I put my sleepy boy in the car by 8:30, and he was showered and asleep by 9:00. Today was a lot of fun, but I hope tomorrow is a little more mellow : )

No comments: