script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Friday, October 23, 2009

Boo at the Zoo

Halloween week has officially begun! Tonight we went to "Boo at the Zoo." The zoo was decorated elaborately in a western/ scary theme. The "Zoo Crew" were all dressed up and did a great job! There was a line for trick or treaters, a REAL Mother Goose reading stories, a spooky cemetery with ghosts walking around, music, dancing, and lots of free games and prizes. It was all very well done.

Sadly, I didn't have much time after work to think about getting Owen in a costume or even in cowboy clothes (since it was a western theme this year), so he wore his black and orange Capn' Spooky shirt instead and we headed out. Next year I will plan ahead! There were SO many cute costumes there. We saw a ton of spidermans, farm animals and fairies this year.

First we stopped to get his hair cut since it is starting to get in his eyes. He played with a bucket of toys in his lap while he sucked on a lollipop. It's pretty short, but at least we won't have to go back for a while (that's what I would like to believe anyway). His hair grows so fast and he has so much of it!
We met my Mom and David at the zoo and had a great time! We collected candy and community event info in the Trick or Treat line. My favorite "treats" were the tooth brushes they were handing out : ) I was cringing at some of the candy they were passing out, like taffy and jolly ranchers, both of which could pull out a baby tooth in one bite! I know some of you are thinking, "jeez, just let your kid live a little and have some candy" but I just can't get past "treats" like that. Now don't get me wrong, he still had his share of mini M&M's, and chocolate, and a lollipop when he got his hair cut, I just like to limit what I can WHILE I can, because it won't last forever!

Let's hope this is the ONLY time he is ever in "jail" ; )
Owen stopped to listen to Mother Goose reading for about 30 seconds before he was off to check out the scare crows and then up and down his favorite sliding hill for a while. We finally convinced him to check out the music and let him play some games, like finding penny's under sawdust, and tossing poker chips in cowboy boots. He was getting a little tired by this point, but he got his second wind once the music started getting louder and he couldn't stop dancing! So cute.

Looking for pennies under piles of sawdust.

Dancing with Mommy when he got his second wind!
At last, it was time to go home. On our way out, we stopped to chat with our friends, Daalia, Will and Laith while Pappy was off buying light up necklaces for the boys. The whole way home I kept thinking the police were behind me because of the chasing lights around Owen's neck in my rear view mirror!

Just a few more notes on what Owen is up to:

Santa Claus is now a regular name brought up on a daily basis. While shopping at Costco last week he picked up Bert and Ernie book and wanted it. I said "no, maybe you should ask Santa Claus for the book for Christmas." Well, he hasn't stopped asking Santa for things since then. He mentions the "Bert and Ernie book" every day and has added that he wants a live "gold fish" and goldfish crackers." All doable requests thankfully! It's going to be a long 2 months!
Favorite Books: Good Night Gorilla, Good Night Beach, Good Boy Fergus, and his Spy and Find Animals book. Oh, and just this week he coincidentally dug up a Christmas book that he has never really looked at until now. He just stares at Santa Claus with a big smile, knowing that this is the man who will fulfill his dreams! : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading about his Santa Claus craze brought me so much delight! This year will be so much fun cuz they will get what's going on and we can get in the real Santa Claus mode!