So, it's taken me a while to do this post. Better late than never, I say ; ) Last Saturday was spent celebrating Owen’s second, 2nd birthday! His actual birthday was spent with family and this time we got to share it with lots of friends. Owen and his friend Laith are only a few days apart, so we decided to have a joint party for them since they have most of the same friends.
We went to Padaro Grill so they could run around and the adults could relax. However, it was a lot of running around making sure the kids didn’t leave the restaurant. I would not have been able to do this without the help of my amazing Mom who selflessly entertained the kids with red light, green light, being the judge of races, played ring around the rosie and blew up animal balloons! Thanks again mom for all of your hard work! We love you!
The kids all had a great time, it was a lot of fun. It’s nice that they are finally at the age of interacting and playing together. Though, this does mean there are a lot of “time outs” from not sharing, hitting, pinching and throwing sand. These two year olds can be brutal! I wish I got to take more pictures of every guest, but I just never made it happen. To see the rest of the pictures check out our Picasa site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/adamanton/OwenAndLaithSSecond2ndBirthdayAtPadaro#

Owen had a huge crush on Claire, the 5 year old with the braids and striped shirt. He kept trying to hug her every chance he could get. She was a good sport and let him : )

I made carrot cake cupcakes in ice cream cones for the kids. It was a hit, though I think most of them were a little confused at "what type of ice cream" it was. Every one of them tried to lick them like ice cream and not cake! Cute. I made 3 batches of the carrot cake and one batch of yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I don't want to see another cupcake until next year!

Gwendolyn tasting the "ice cream" carrot cake : )

Cyanne watching Gabriel blowing bubbles.

Owen was taste testing BOTH cupcakes at the same time.

Our co hosts, Daalia and Laith. Sorry about the shadow in the picture Daals :(
No comments:
Post a Comment