script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beach Babes

Late this afternoon we went to the beach to meet up with Suzanne and Keira after work. The water was warm and it was nice to catch up briefly while getting in some exercise and fresh air. Owen went from shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt to a diaper and a hat pretty quickly! Some big waves were coming in and he didn't quite judge them right on more than one occasion.

Once he was fresh out of dry clothes, we decided to take a walk on the dry pier instead. They had a good time looking over the ledge to see the ocean below, while Suzanne and I had queasy stomachs and a tight grip watching them inch further over the water.

Before we walked back to the cars, I put my sweatshirt on Owen to keep him warm. He looks like such a beach boy in these pictures. Here are some fun pics from out little afternoon adventure!

This is a boy who liked his snack SO much that he decided to stick his whole face in the bowl and eat like a little piggy!

hanging out at the park waiting for Keira
Our beautiful friends, Keira and Suzanne






Things that Owen is doing now:
He likes to stall bed time as long as possible. He achieves this by always asking for not one, but "two more books." He walks slowly to pick one out and stands there for what feels like eons before he returns to the couch to read. When we get close to the end he starts flipping pages backward so it doesn't end.

He drags out his dinner by eating non stop and asking for seconds, even when I am quite certain that he is full. He asks for milk or water before bed.

He will start talking to me as I am walking out the door to his room just to delay sleeping by keeping me in there a little longer. He doesn't want to miss a thing while he's dreaming!

He now says, "Mommy, I wuv you too!"
In the morning, he stands in his crib holding every one of his "friends" (stuffed animals) and his 3 blankets and asks us to put it on the couch so he can get cozy out there. You can barely see his head when he's holding all of these things!
His two favorite stuffed animals right now are a little gorilla called "Gorilla" that he got from Nana at the zoo, and a stuffed sea lion named "Silky" (name taken from the sea lion on his favorite movie, Nim's Island) that Pop Pop gave him from the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut.

He makes us laugh hard every day by the random things he says and does. Today he tried to feed his snacks to a shark and Nim on Nim's Island (his favorite movie) through the TV.

His favorite snack right now is frozen peas. Raisins, grapes and cereal being a close second.
He can sweetly sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
He says "Momma, stay home" when I am walking out the door to go to work (breaks my heart).
He says the same thing to Adam when he leaves.
He waters the garden every morning with Daddy........
I guess I should stop there, this blog is getting too long! He is just amazing and I love him so much!

3 comments:

janton1 said...

No, Terri, don't stop, It's never enough! I love reading the stories about Owen. Miss all of you bunches. Love & hugs to all of you, Aunt Joanie

Aunt Anna said...

Never too long for ME!
Thanks for the update Terri.
I just love every snippet.

Anonymous said...

Love this pics! What fun it was to hang out with you guys! -Suzanne