script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fairview Gardens


We decided to join a community garden /farm for the summer. We pick up our vegetables and fruits once a week. You never know what you are going to get, each week it's different. This is the first week and we got spinach, lettuce, strawberries, green beans, carrots, squash (yellow and green), and a kholarabi (which I had never had before). We had the most amazing salad with dinner tonight! The kholarabi tastes like a mild radish. It was really good.
Owen has started picking as many green tomatoes as he can get his hands on in OUR garden. He has plucked at least 10 that I know of. Ugh, we get so frustrated. He knows very well not to do this and gets put back in the house EVERY time he does it, but he just keeps on testing us! He looks us in the eye with his hands on the plant and says "no no" as he proceeds to pull on the leaves or tomatoes until we pick him up. He is also picking our lettuce, throwing rocks in our flowers and tackling my rosemary plant. I wonder if Home Depot sells any "kid deterents." Our little garden fence is not working to keep those bigger "animals" out of our plants! And I thought that gophers were the only things we needed to worry about!
Owen's not all bad really, he has been very sweet and cuddly lately when he's not getting into trouble in the backyard! He just likes to help and immitate everything that we do. It's very cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just signed up for CSA too, isn't it great!!! We are out of town right now and a friend is picking ours up so it was cool to see what you got.

Ella is also testing limits like craaaayzay! Good luck :)