Saturday, June 13, 2009
Warm'n up!
Wow, I can't believe it has been a week since my last posting! That sure did go by fast! The weather has slowly but surely been getting warmer so we have been doing a lot outdoors lately (as usual) Here are some pictures to catch up from the week!
First of all, THIS is a good reason to wash all your produce before you eat it! Here is a little brown frog who decided to make the inside of a large basil leaf his temporary home. Thank God I didn't try to pick it while he was on it. That would have been a scream you all would have heard on the EAST coast!

One morning this week, I thought it was too quiet for too long so I went to see what Owen was up to, and I was pleasantly surprised to see him nicely coloring in his drawing book at his table. He brought the paper and markers outside by himself. Only children are so good at entertaining themselves :)
Lately he has been wanting to climb into our bed (when we are not in it) and play. He will sometimes just sit and rest for a minute, or point out which side Mommy and Daddy sleep on, or crawl under the covers and pretend he is sleeping. I can't believe that he can even get up to our bed without any help (it's pretty high up).
This morning we went to the pool in our complex and had a lot of fun! We all even got to sit in the hot tub for a bit. I thought Owen would think it was too hot, but he really enjoyed it and floated along in his Daddy's arms completely happy. I think he liked the bubbles the best : )

After Adam went to work, I started working on the garden. However, my little helper was more of a little destroyer. So, after many time outs in a chair, I gave up about half way through and left it for tomorrow. We came inside and read books instead. His favorite book right now is Where The Wild Things are. He says "Max" over and over again, along with "Wild Thing" (in his own way) It's really cute.
He found Adam's gardening gloves and thought he would help by putting them on. He found it a little difficult to pick things up needless to say : )

My hydrangeas are starting to come back in full pink force!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hydrangea is my favorite. Ours are not looking as good as yours yet...
They look so pretty you could eat 'em - make sure Owen doesn't, I've read they're poisonous for kids.
The brown frog would have freaked me out!!! Although I feel like he may be cuter than the white flies that are inhabiting my basil - ugh!
Owen is adorable as usual!
Terri,
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this journal!
It's the next best thing to having Owen here with me. What a delight he is!
You are about a month ahead of us in the gardening dept. Don's basil is about 6 inches high and the tomatoes have tiny buds. Hydrangeas are just starting to bud.
I got my house painted two weeks ago and new window boxes filled with pinks, petunias, stocks, basil, a silver leafy plant, and geraniums. I'll send some pictures when they are a little more mature.
Thanks again for these terrific pictures and commentary. I'm really enjoying it!
Love y'all,
Anna
Post a Comment