Today, Adam got to sleep in while I got up and made breakfast. We sat outside and had perfect yellow tomatoes from my Mom's garden (ours are not red yet), scrambled eggs with feta cheese, fresh basil and kalamata olives. I also attempted to make Bloody Mary's (however, I should have left this up to the master of them....lesson learned).
After breakfast, we put our swim suits on and headed to the pool! Owen had a blast and wouldn't stop saying "pool" all day long. He swam, chased Elmo (his bath toy), sat in the inter tube with Daddy and relaxed in the hot tub (his favorite part). He was pretty tuckered out by the time we left. After lunch and a warm shower (he does not like baths anymore...no idea why?), he took a nice three hour nap so we could call family and relax outside by reading in the hammock. I finally have some color to my skin other than white!
For Adam's Father's Day gift, I had some black and white photos of Owen, and us enlarged and hung. My idea started from a cut out from a magazine....however once printed, the photos were much bigger than I was imagining.....so.......it looks like our living room and kitchen are getting some new artwork as well as our bedroom (the original location for all of them).
Lastly, I just have to announce to the world on this day, that I feel SO lucky to have found such an amazing partner in life who has the patience of a saint and a bottomless heart of love. Adam is a humble gentleman that still opens doors for his wife (and strangers), always puts the needs of others before his own without complaint, has integrity, humor, and is genuine with everyone he meets. He keeps my head on straight when I feel like it's spinning, and drops what he's doing to help me find my keys, cell phone, and or sunglasses when I am running out the door...late. He never points out my faults, has an endless supply of hugs, and always supports my decisions. He has changed thousands of diapers, kissed many boo boos', and continues to playfully chase Owen around the house even when he's tired, because it makes Owen happy. Adam is the best friend, husband and father I could have ever dreamed of. I am so thankful for him every day! Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:
You are truly blessed.
Post a Comment