Today is one of my favorite days of the year in Santa Barbara. Summer Solstice. I am not much of a parade fan, however, this one is awesome! It's always really colorful, a little strange, and lots of fun! This year's theme was "Splash," and people got pretty creative. There were lots of Mermaids and "Mermen," Poseidon on stilts, yellow submarines, Brazilian dancers, kid surfers, and lots of random people that are just plain strange, and I have no idea what they were supposed to be (that's the funnest part in my opinion!) It's a great people watching fest!

Owen had his very own seat for watching the parade! (However he did sit in Nana and Adam's laps for the majority of the time (the sleepy time anyway).
We skipped Owen's nap so we could make it to our favorite festival. Needless to say, he was pretty tired for some of it, but got his second wind shortly before the parade ended. We then followed the tail of the parade to a big park where the after party was happening. Owen walked most of the way, and then got to ride on Pappy's shoulders for the rest. We danced and enjoyed the sun until it was time to head home and try to put the little guy down for a nap.
Owen was in awe of this giant! We were hoping he would walk under his legs like a "bridge" (that he loves to do with us at home), but he was a little too intimidated I think!

Begging for french fries from a little girl's happy meal who was sitting next to us. I think she gave him three, he was stoked!

After the parade walking with Nana and Pappy to the park.


Having fun at the park.



My little tree hugger.

Pointing to his very first band aid for a skinned knee "boo boo" ; (

I just had to add this one. I heard him yelling "Mama, Mama" yesterday and I walked outside only to find him STANDING in the fountain! Grrr, it was the second pair of pants I had to change already for the day (he had only been wearing them for less than half an hour too!)

No comments:
Post a Comment