script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Toddler Stories

I was hoping to make this post all about our fun week long vacation in Newport, RI visiting family, but instead, I decided to share a couple of toddler stories.
Owen and I have been fighting a cold the past few days so I decided to make home made chicken soup this afternoon. This was the first time Owen has had anything like this and lets just say, I will be making this again. The boy ate 3 bowls AND was asking for more before I cut him off. He was really excited to pick up the bowl and drink the broth. However, this is where we got into trouble. Once I pulled his tray away I saw that he was practically swimming in his chair! Hence, shower number 1 today.
Later today, after Owen rubbed his dinner in his hair for fun, I decided it was time for shower number two before bed. He was happy and ready to get in the tub after I took his diaper off.....Or so I thought. All of a sudden he decides to make a run for it out of the bathroom. I stood there a few more seconds making sure the water temperature was good before I walked out to find him. I was gone for NO more than 5 seconds. 5 seconds! I come out to find him buck naked on our couch in a giant puddle of pee. Fantastic.
After his shower, pj's and brushed teeth I got out the Sham Wows, soap, water and a sponge and went to work. I knew those Sham Wows would come in handy with a two year old!

No comments: