script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Three years ago today, I married the love of my life! We had a beautiful sunset ceremony on the beach and a very memorable reception at the Santa Barbara Yacht Club. It feels like yesterday.
Two years ago today, we brought Owen home from the hospital. We were obviously not in any shape to go out, or cook a nice meal, so my Mom bought new table linens that were the colors of our wedding, lit candles, opened a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, and cooked us an incredible meal while we got to enjoy our new baby and relax. She left us alone for our first anniversary dinner after all her hard work. I wish I could say that we drank the bottle of champagne and ate every last bite of dinner, but we were so exhausted and had to take a crash course on learning how to eat while holding a crying baby. We fed each other a few bites while taking turns holding Owen. I had half a glass of champagne before we put the food away and fell asleep. Not your typical romantic one year wedding anniversary, but very memorable.

Last year we were in Saratoga Springs, NY. Owen was pretty young still, so we took him with us. We went to dinner at a nice place with slllooooowwww service. Not very relaxing, nor romantic when you have a hungry one year old with you who had a cold at the time. Fortunately, all the tables around us were congratulating us on our anniversary and graciously entertaining Owen while we waited for our food. If I remember right we inhaled our food so we could get the little guy to bed since it was so late. Yet another fun anniversary with our little "roomate." This is how Adam was woken up the following morning....This year Adam is working tonight, but we will be celebrating tomorrow sans Owen : ) Though getting massages and sleeping for 12 hours sounds like the best way to celebrate to me, I think we will go out for a nice dinner and maybe hit the town together like the old days. I'll keep you posted!


I am so grateful for every day that I have with Adam. I truly could not have picked a more understanding, patient, easy going, fun, caring, and loving husband, and father to Owen. Here's to a lifetime of more memorable anniversaries!

1 comment:

Aunt Anna said...

Congratulations, again, Adam and Terri.
You are so lucky to have each other and to celebrate your anniversaries!
Makes me a proud Mom to know that my son has such a romantic thoughtful side to him.
Love you both!
And of course...Owen too!