script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Funny Times

Here is our Naked Cowboy, or as Aunt Joanie would say, "he is Riding bareback" : ) Today was Owen's first day eating his very own bowl of cereal with milk. I wish I had a picture, but I was at work, and Adam rarely thinks about picking up the camera : ( He gets spoonfuls of our cereal once in a while and it always makes him smile big! Adam said after every bite he said "Mmmmmmm, cereal." He has been saying "Mmmmmmmmm" after eating just about everything lately. Then he says "thank you Mommy" and I follow with "your welcome sweetie pie." He has picked that up and now says, "Thank you Mommy Sweetie Pie" ; )

He has been calling me "Mom" a lot lately too. Usually when he's yelling my name across the house to get my attention. Once in a while I'll hear a "thanks Mom." It makes me laugh, I feel like I was MUCH older before I made the switch from Mommy to Mom.

Also, he has a Sesame Street Alphabet video that he loves and one of the characters is Baby Bear. Baby Bear is trying to learn his ABC's and Big Bird and other kids help him through songs and little skits. So, he happened to pick up on one of the lines in the show, and will sometimes blurt out "Nice goin' Baby Bear!" out of the blue. He cracks us up. Now that his vocabulary is so wide, every day seems to get funnier and funnier with the stuff he makes up or repeats! We are pretty careful what we say around him now.

On Saturday last weekend we went to the downtown Farmer's Market. When we go, it has become tradition to buy an animal balloon of some sort. This time he got a giant flower balloon. Sadly, the pictures didn't turn out good because he was so quick and I had my hands full of produce, so you will have to use your imagination. Let me explain, he was chasing people (usually women, go figure) around with the balloon, hitting them in the butt and cracking up! Oh my, we did a LOT of apologizing that day!
After our quick farmer's market jaunt, we headed over to Pacific Crepes for breakfast. This place is run by true French people who speak very little English. I have never been disappointed by the food there. No matter how full I am we, always order dessert for the table to share. One house made crepe with Nutella and banana's and berries of course! "Mmmmmmmmm" (I just now realized where Owen picked up his "mmmmm's" from : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Farmers Market sounds like he was just toooooo funny!!!! Wish I were there :)