Secondly, I post it to keep my east coast and distant family up to date as to what we are up to. They can watch him grow up weekly which keeps them happy and informed :). It's my online baby book that is organized, legible and includes pictures and video, it's genius! I am so glad I started this, I just wish I started earlier!
So, lately Owen has been really into the nursery rhymes, and songs. I wish I had it recorded, but he must have sung "Patty Cake" about 20 times in a row tonight, then twinkle twinkle, ABC's, itsy bitsy spider, I am a little tea pot, and "all the fish are swimming in the water." Patty cake sounded a bit like this: "Patty cake, patty cake.... rooooooollllll it (with the hand movements rolling I might add).......mark it B.... put in oven for MEEEEE!" He finishes each song with an ear to ear smile and lots of clapping. So cute!
Here he is running under Daddy's legs while Adam jumps over him. 
Yesterday we were in Sur La Table and one of the employees asked him what his favorite foods were. He thought for a few seconds and listed off, in order: "broccoliiiiiii, mac n' cheeeeeeese, gummy staaaaars (these are his daily vitamins), O's, Panda's (two cereals that he likes to snack on), strawberriiiiiiiiiiies..... So funny to watch him list them all off.
One of Owen's "old favorite" book has returned as a new favorite again, which is Where the Wild Things Are. All night he would randomly blurt out "Max, no get dinner!"
On to potty training:
We went to Target last week to get Owen's first pair of big boy underpants! We found a Sesame Street package that he is quite excited about. He wore them on his head at first, I am not sure if he quite understands what it's all about, but he wants them! I'll keep ya posted when we graduate to those : )


Whenever he gets hurt or falls down, he always says "Mommy, hold you" (instead of "me"). He doesn't quite get the whole "me, you, I" meanings just yet. It just melts my heart to hear those words though : )
I was doing dishes the other night after dinner while Owen quietly played by himself. He came back into the kitchen and was wearing a Hitler mustache. I had to take a picture.



3 comments:
LOVE the undies on the head!!!
Love it! If you want - I have a neat website that turns blogs into books! Figured we'll do it w/ours since we've totally slacked off in the baby book dept. for Cyanne! =)
Terri,
I can assure you that the East Coast contingency, especially Granny Anna, looks forward to your erudite entries into the life of Owen.
I know that it is time consuming for you but I really really appreciate all of the time and effort. Keep 'em comin'!
Post a Comment