script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Growing Boy

It seems like I notice my "baby" growing taller and saying more things every day. I measured him against the wall today, he is only 1/2 and inch away from 3 FEET already! He is more than HALF MY SIZE already and he's not even 2 yet! I think he is definitely going through another growth spurt, as he is constantly eating and still sleeping like a champ.

His latest fascination is with tunnels. He loves them! Even if we go under an overpass on the freeway he yells "TUNNEL! WOO WOO" (like a train). I remember liking them quite a bit as a kid too.
Owen also LOVES animals. He is so enthralled with any living creature. He knows the sound (or at least the sound we create) of so many animals. He just learned the whale sound today. We were at Costco the other day and got him a new book on mammals. It is an adult book over 200 pages long filled with every mammal you can imagine. He has examined every page of this book, even at one sitting! He looks through it at least 10 times a day. It's the best $6 we have spent in a long time on finding something to keep his interest. I am leaning towards the zoo for his birthday party location this year.


Today is Pappy's Birthday! Happy Birthday David! I had to work today, so we celebrated yesterday at our house. I made a nice breakfast of roasted potatoes and asparagus with herbed goat cheese scrambled eggs and a blueberry crumb cake (thanks Barefoot Contessa!). We put a candle in the crumb cake so we could sing Happy Birthday. Since then, Owen calls it "Happy to you cake." He will take what I give him, stuff his cheeks completely full and somehow still manage to get the words "more" out.
One of his favorite foods is feta cheese. All I hear all day is "feta, feta, feta" It's pretty funny, not the food of choice for most toddlers. Maybe he was Greek in a past life!


Yesterday Adam and I spent a good part of the day in the garden. It's looking so good, as long as those pesky trees don't drop any more leaves, bark or acorns! Yeah right. My herb garden is so cute right now. I currently have chives, basil, rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, sage, pineapple sage, tarragon, lavender and oregano. I cut back our tomato plants that are not looking great anymore, but still producing big red tomatoes. We added red leaf lettuce, Japanese cucumbers, cantaloupe, butternut squash and a row of flowers. We also already have mini orange bell peppers (look good, but don't taste great) and cauliflower (that we got as a seedling from the children's museum). Next time we hit the nursery, broccoli and beets are on the list! I will post pictures tomorrow.


OK, that's my update for now. I know it's pretty random, that's all I got. Tomrrow, Owen's Uncle Rob and his girlfriend Braelyn will be here until Thursday. We are all looking forward to some more fun days next week! Will keep you posted, we have a lot planned!

1 comment:

Aunt Anna said...

Did Owen find some "magic beans?"

Granny Anna