Today was nice as I met up with family at Shoreline to celebrate the birthday of my late sister in law Cathleen. For those of you that didn't know her, she was an amazing cook, gardener, mother, sister and daughter. She knew how to pull off any craft beautifully and made their home a warm place that everyone felt welcomed in. Happy Birthday Cathleen, we miss you.
After our meals were over and everyone went home, we hung around a little longer to let Owen play on the beach. Owen has a pretty good arm, and pretty good aim. People might think this would be a good trait until I saw him hurl a fairly decent sized rock to the back of a lady's head who was having dinner on the beach! I was mortified to say the least. It took her by surprise of course, and it hurt! I could not stop apologizing profusely asking if there was anything I could do, before she bluntly told me to "go away." Ouch.
I quickly picked up Owen and sat him down on naughty step for a time out. Needless to say, no more beach. It was time to come home. By my tone, I am pretty sure he got the picture that he was in trouble. I just pray that he never does anything like that ever again! He is usually a little angel on most days, but this was over the top! (On my way home I thought I should have at least bought this woman dessert or something! Oh well. I just wanted to get the heck outta there!)
I had a stern look on my face the whole drive home and now that I am reflecting back on that, I am realizing why kids give you so many wrinkles! For the sake of my face, I hope he doesn't get into too much more trouble! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
This is only the beginning...HA!
Get ready for the roller coaster ride!
Actually, I should think that the rock target should have strived for a bit more levity here.
I mean, we are talking about a not-even two-year old baby pitching the fateful blow. Get a life, lady!!!!
Always looking out for 'ya Owen!
Your loving Granny Anna
(We're REALLY gonna have fun together someday...)
Post a Comment