OK, so I have been slacking with the camera the past week, so no pictures for this post. Lets see, since the fourth of July we have had a pretty good week! Owen has been spending lots of time every day in the "pool" (a little kiddie pool) in our (and Nanna's) backyard. He LOVES the water just like his Mom and Pop. If it's not the pool or the beach, then it's playing in the fountain in the backyard, watering the plants or wanting to get wet in the sink by washing his hands. He finds water anyway he can!
Tuesday we tried to go to happy hour at The Beachside (a local restaurant on the beach), but Owen was not having any part of it. He knew there were rocks on the beach just waiting to be thrown in the ocean, so he would not sit still to eat or drink or play. He wanted to be outside; pronto! We inhaled our food and mai tai's as fast as we could (to prevent a major melt down) and we followed him down the beach and threw rocks in the water for about half an hour before realizing it was bed time for our little beach boy.
Wednesday was my Birthday and I got a much needed massage and a great dinner at my Mom's house with family and a few friends with their little ones. The pictures will tell the rest of the story. They were taken on my mom's camera, so here is the link to the website: http://picasaweb.google.com/davidlewisinc/TerriS33rdBirthday?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3sz7D17prB9QE#
Thursday we dropped Owen off at Nanna's for the night and Adam and I took a long walk on the beach and went to the Yacht Club for what was supposed to be "a" drink. Since Adam takes pretty good care of the guys that work there, they completely hooked us up with THREE drinks each and brought out a new appetizer every 10 minutes before we put a stop to it! Our plans to go out to a nice restaurant for dinner never happened, but we had the best view in town and a lot of fun! After endulging at the SBYC, we of course meandered to the Endless Summer for one more drink before we headed downtown to hear a great band at the James Joyce (our favorite Irish Pub). It was a fun night, and well worth my hang over yesterday afternoon : )
This morning I got to redeem my birthday gift from Adam which was Surf Lessons (Thanks honey!)! We met our instructor in Carpinteria and had SO much fun! I had butterflies in my tummy the whole drive down, but once my feet hit the water, I was fine. Our instructor was great! I stood up and rode my first wave all the way in on my very first try! Granted I had a pretty big board which makes it easier, but I was impressed with myself. It's such a cool feeling to be standing on water : ) I think I am hooked. I need to dig out my wetsuit that I haven't worn since Freshman year of college (when I was in the body boarding club) and find a used board soon! I have worked out a massage trade with our instructor for our next lesson of stand up paddle boarding! Yipeee! I can't wait!
After our fun water adventure, we hit a roadside stand for avocados (10 for a $1), perfect tomatoes, garlic, lemons, fresh local salmon and lobster tail. We were off to Carpinteria next for lunch outside at a cute cafe before heading home to pick up our munchkin. : )
After a nice long nap, Owen and I went to Nanna and Pappy's for dinner and play time with my niece and nephew (Katie and Matthew). I don't get to see them as often as I would like, so I try to see them as much as I can when they are staying at my Mom's for the weekend. Owen just adores them. So, we got in the pool (once again for the day), and danced around the house after dinner to Owen's favorite kids song (the Boogie Woogie...which he calls for by name). It has been a great day and a fun week! Now it's time to clean up the house and try to get to bed early once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment