
Yesterday I got to take Owen to the zoo by myself. I am usually working for a few hours at some point of most days, so my time with him is usually broken up. Thursday, however, I had the day off, so I took him to one of his favorite places in Santa Barbara; The Zoo! We had so much fun together and discovered new things that we had not done yet together, like feeding the goats, riding the merry-go-round, and checking out the koi pond. His memory is incredible. He has the map of the zoo in his head. He would tell me where he wanted to go and take me there on new paths that I didn't even know existed! We finally got to ride the train together too! I have not been on the train since I was in college, and Owen has been at least 3-4 times without me (with Daddy or Nanna). We had such a good time!


Pointing to the alligator.

Feeding the goat.

On the merry-go-round all by himself!

Wearing his train engineer's hat saying "whoo, whoo!" (train whistle)
Later after his nap, I heard silence for a bit too long. What do I come to find? Owen once again scooping up water from the fountian and bringing it in the house. Here is a picture of the evidence (wet foot prints!). And the next picture is of him saying "no no" refering to what he had just done. He knows better, why does he keep doing this? To top it all off, he does it all with a sneaky yet proud smile too!


Lastly, I must add that Owen is already doing the oldest trick in the book to stay up later. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.....Water." After he is in his crib silent for about 5-10 minutes, lately he has been asking for water before bed. Well, what sort of mother denies her little one water? Not me. I always give in and just give him a cup with a splash of water in the bottom so it won't spill, nor take 30 minutes to drink. He drinks a few sips and then inevitably, he blows "bubbles" with the remainder and gets a huge smile. I let him do this once or twice before I take the cup and off to dreamland he goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment