
Today I decided to try finger/ brush painting with Owen. Doing this with out another adult was probably a bit risky, but hey, the paint is washable, and we both survived. It proved to be a lot of work (for me) for only a small amount of amusment time. He really wanted to dip his little fingers in the paint and eat it, so it was a bit of a battle to put his fingers on the paper. However, we did get 3 original works of art that we can now proudly showcase on the fridge : )

We are also working on brushing his teeth regularly. As long as he has an Elmo toothbrush, it's not a problem, except he would rather suck off the toothpaste (strawberry banana flavored ...yuck) than brush them. We're gettin' there!
Owen was digging in my beach bag and turned around the corner wearing my hat and cracking up! He kept it on for quite a while and played peek a boo with me as well as watched his reflection in our dishwasher and oven while he took it off and on.

There was one very sad part of today. I decided to wash his blanket (binki) while he was playing outside and I stuck it in the dryer during dinner. It was not finished drying by the time he realized it was missing and was more upset than I have ever seen him. Talk about heart breaking! The neighbors must have thought I was torturing him slowly, it was pretty painful for both of us! After his bath he got his blanket and should be sound asleep by now. From now on I am washing that thing in the middle of the night and putting it back before morning.
1 comment:
Your blog posting brings back funny memories for me...When Brad was small I washed his binki, probably for the 1001th time. During the wash part of the satin binding came off, I tried to sew it back on, but he knew right away ! The repair must have been in a special spot. He was upset for days until he became used to the repair. When Doug was born I bought three of the same blanket and rotated them, much less stress for me.
Hugs and kisses for Owen !
Post a Comment