script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Play Day!

Today started with me catching Owen in the act of snagging a bag of muffins his Nanna made on the table and picking out and eating all the dried cranberries. I thought it was a bit too quiet for too long in the kitchen : ). While I made his breakfast he sat quietly in his new booster seat at the table and colored with crayons. This is fun at first until he decides to toss each crayon one by one off the table and watching them break in half. Not so much fun for Mommy and Daddy.
I let Adam get some writing done while I took Owen to his play group where he got to drive a car all by himself (a Little Tykes car that is powered by little feet of course), and go up and down the slide about 20 times. We then went inside to sing songs with the other kids, however, Owen gets a little antsy and would much rather be outside, so needless to say it was a lot of chasing inside and out! After snack time we played with a table of plastic food and I watched him grab a plastic apple, run like lightning outside and throw it in the public park trash can (I thought about fishing it out, but it was deep and disgusting, so I let it go and hoped the teacher didn't see!). He saw lots of old and new friends and had a great time.

Later in the afternoon we went to Goleta Beach for a bit. Owen had a blast in the water, walking in a sand castle that some people spent 3 hours making today, and running up and down the jungle gym at the park on the beach. He was wet and covered in sand, he couldn't have been happier!
We came home and made margaritas to wind down our day. Owen got a much needed warm bath and I was able to make dinner (stuffed shells with spinach...deelish!). We are all pooped after such a
long fun filled day. Good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "oops ! she caught me" face, so precious. So obviously innocent.

Victoria Strong said...

He is so darn cute! And I LOVE your new blog with your darling stories about him :)