script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Friday, February 18, 2011

Monterey Bay

We got to spend a few more days with Pop Pop and Mimi in Monterey before they finished up their vacation up north. Owen's highlight on the drive up was getting to pee on the train tracks just off the freeway. Boys! We were in the middle of nowhere when he said "Dad, I gotta go pee!" So we took the next exit and Adam led him to the tracks. I think they were both pretty excited about this. I don't get it. And my favorite picture last.....
The weather started to turn gray half way there. But it didn't rain until we were snug in our hotel beds that night.
We walked to dinner on Cannery Row just down from our hotel. Since it was a gloomy Tuesday night during the off season, the place was almost all ours. It was nice that Owen could get loud and run around a bit after being couped up in the car all day and no one cared. We bundled Emily up on our chilly walk home.We were lucky enough to have a beautiful room over looking the water. When we woke up in the morning we were greeted with at least 7 harbor seals below and a few sea otters. The hotel had binoculars to use to spot the sea otters and seals. Breakfast on the balcony. Emily met her twin, and really liked what she saw!
After breakfast, we headed to the Aquarium when they opened. I haven't been there in almost 7 years and it was just as wonderful as I had remembered.
Leopard Sharks. Owen's favorite part of the aquarium.Beautiful coral tropical fish exhibit. So colorful. The sea turtles were fun! Wearing Daddy's rain coat....when it wasn't raining. Thought this was a cool mural.
Once we had exhausted the Aquarium, and had lunch, we headed to Dennis the Menace Park. What a great place for kids! I highly recommend this park, we all had a blast!
This was a "super fun park" as Owen refers to it now.
We all took turns going down this big rolling slide.
Pop Pop
I LOVE this picture. He had so much fun on this little ride that spun around super fast.
This is how Emily viewed the park all day. She'll be running circles around Owen one day soon! This is a legitimate face I made. This slide was steep, but fun! I went on it 4 more times : ) pure joy.
Thank you Pop Pop and Mimi for such a fun trip and special memories! Love you!

1 comment:

kristen said...

These are fantastic!! I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip (even w/rain and a non-sleep loving E) =). But seriously - the train track pictures are priceless. Especially the 3rd one. He's going to LOVE you one day for that one. Fantastic!