script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bouchon Foodie Stroll

Adam and I FINALLY had a date ALONE for the first time in at least 8 months! It was so needed, and we couldn't have done it without the Grandparents! THANK YOU Bob and Lauren for this Christmas gift! (And thank you Mom for helping babysit while we were out!) It is a night we will remember!
We got to start the evening on a walk through the Farmer's Market with the head chef of Bouchon, Greg Murphy (who happens to be a friend of Adam's coincidentally). He was very sweet and informative. After about an hour or so, Greg figured what we would and would not like on the menu and took our orders before he left.

When we returned to the restaurant, a personalized menu was already printed just for us, and fantastic wines were paired for each dish. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. We enjoyed every last bite until we were stuffed to the gills! Even more than the food, I think I enjoyed not having to chase Owen around or take care of Emily.

Adam had the Local Wild Halibut with baby potatoes and manila clams, pancetta, roasted garlic, Tamai Farms spinach and red onion-clam jus. I had the Pacific Ahi Tuna lightly smoked, crusted with Shepard Farms herbs and seared rare, served over white bean puree, hericot verts, and a saffron-cider vinegar gastrique. YUM. For dessert I had the Molten Lava Cake (you can never go wrong with chocolate), and Adam surprisingly had the Pretzel Peanut Butter Tart. It was all super rich, but delicious! I did take pictures of our entrees, however they didn't look as good in the pictures as they did in person, so I will leave it up to you to imagine how beautiful it all looked. By the time we got home, Emily was up watching America's Funniest Videos (Owen's favorite show). It was the only way they could get her to stop crying. This is why we have not gone out without her in nearly 9 months. : ( I am hoping she gets over this "phase" sooner than later. We can't wait till our next date!

No comments: