script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Burning Energy

I guess it would be safe to say Owen is a "spirited" child. :) He has enough energy running through his veins to run the planet for an entire year, I swear. We run him ragged as often as we can, and somehow it fuels him to run faster and jump higher. I don't get it, and it's exhausting trying to figure it out.

The other day, Owen was unstoppable. He was bouncing off the walls at home (after spending time skateboarding and playing at the park already) and really needed to get out and burn off more energy. So, we took him to East Beach and brought his 3 wheel bike. We thought we would walk/ ride to the wharf and go to the Sea Center for a bit and walk/ ride back to the car. It's just over one mile from our car to the Sea Center. Owen was excited about this idea for about 5 minutes before he said "I am tired, I don't want to ride my bike, can you carry me Mom?" Seriously?! So we spent the rest of the time talking him in to riding a little longer, then carrying him AND the bike for a while before my arms gave out and I would make him ride again....

We finally made it to the pier, which felt like eons to get there. Next, we stopped for a quick ice cream cone and made it to the aquarium with just a few minutes left before they closed (good thing we are members and didn't have to pay!). We only spent about 30 minutes on the wharf before heading back to the car. I knew Owen wouldn't be able to walk or ride the rest of the way back, nor could I carry him for that long again. We were all tired and it was starting to get cold, so I walked back to get the car by myself and Adam took the kids to the Fish House to wait for me to pick them up. Low and behold, Owen got his 10th wind at the restaurant and ran around like a crazy kid as if he hadn't just walked over 2 miles (from the entire day). He didn't fall asleep on our 20 minute drive home either. I wish I had a quarter of his energy. I think he sucks it all out of us...actually, I know he does. Sigh..

Adam's turn carrying the bike. Petting the sharks at the Sea Center

No comments: