script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Little Sailor

Mimi and Pop Pop's west coast February days are quickly slipping by. Since today was so beautiful, we decided to go sailing before they leave. They are on their boat in Rhode Island as often as they can be, but it's a treat to be able to be on the water in the winter. They usually have to take their boat out of the water by October or early November I believe.

David bought Owen a cute new life vest with lots of colorful fish on it today. He was happy enough to wear it for the whole trip. We had hardly left the harbor before Owen's eyes started to get heavy and he became very quiet. First we thought he may be a little sea sick but he was just getting rocked to sleep. This was the first nap he has taken in almost a week! We laid him down and bundled him up and he slept for the rest of the sail until we got back into the harbor.

Hanging on to Dad's leg through some big rolling waves just before dozing off.Almost asleep, he was fighting it. At last, Mr. Sandman prevailed.
Adam had to head into work when we got back unfortunately. But we ended our journey at Endless Summer to visit and get some dinner before calling it a day. Owen gets treated like a rock star when he goes into Daddy's work. Everyone (customers and staff) knows who he is and they all have to come say hi, get a high five and a tickle or two. He gets unlimited apple juice, Maraschino cherries, and whatever it is he wants. I am so lucky to know him! ; ) Today he and I shared a virgin Pina Colada. He loved it, and kept calling it his "smoothie." (Owen ended up wearing most of his (on accident).
It was such a nice day to spend with family in the fresh salty air. But I am pooped. Glad Owen is in bed, and I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow. I am getting my first prenatal massage this pregnancy, I am so ready for it!

Part of our "precious cargo" we had to carry back to our cars in a cart. He loves to ride in this thing. I wish he loved to sit in the grocery store carts just as much! Owen spotted this cute pelican on our way off the dock.
Doug (Lauren's son who was also visiting from RI....Owen loves to say his name. "Owen see Doug" has been a popular sentence the past few days. We will miss him when he leaves tomorrow.), Lauren (Mimi) and Bob (Pop Pop)

No comments: