I whisked them away to the next station before we got kicked out of our first 5 minutes of Earth Day!
Owen was pretty obsessed with this surfboard contraption that tested your balance. It was HARD!
After that, Owen got sucked into to a Karate School demonstration. The owner was awesome! He had a pretty thick NY accent and was great at teaching and encouraging kids to listen. I was pretty impressed at how well Owen did with his instructions and his listening skills. I had to chuckle when the instructor told Owen to listen with his "Ears (pronounced "eas"), eyes and body." Owen had to repeat those three things back to him, and he totally repeated it with the accent! Too funny! I am definitely going to sign this kid up soon!! I have always wanted him to get involved in a martial art. It teaches them so much more than just self defense skills.
Next, we got to see a giant turkey who was gobbling around the park : ) Quite a site, such a beautiful bird!
Of course we couldn't leave without Owen and Emily getting a shot at driving the eco friendly bus that was parked outside : ) Owen even got to make an announcement on the microphone which was heard on and off the bus! : )
Once I dragged Adam away from the electric Porche he was drooling over, we zoomed through the rest of the fair and headed home for naps!










No comments:
Post a Comment