Every year, since Owen was a baby, we go to Lane Farms for their awesome pumpkin patch in October. I LOVE pumpkin patches. I have a lot of fun memories of going to them as a kid. In Vacaville, where I grew up, we would go to the Nut Tree's pumpkin patch every October. There was a scarecrow contest that tons of people particiapted it every year. People got really creative and it was fun to see which one's won. I would scour the patch for what seemed like hours, to find the most perfect pumpkin to carve when I got home. We usually finished our day with the Nut Tree's famous pumkin ice cream, which was the BEST pumkin ice cream on the planet!
Now it's our turn to create fun fall memories for our kids, and Lane Farms is a great place to start. I am hoping we can make it to one or two more patches before Halloween! I love Avila Farms as well!
Here is the best (well, funniest at least) picture I could get of Nana and the kids. Owen was trying to crush Emily, and she was complaining about it and Nana looked like she was about to kiss the scarecrow...It was not a day for siting and posing for pictures. I hardly got any good ones of Owen since he is so fast now and was all over the place running around. But Emily is still a little slower, so I could get some cute shots of her : )
Here's an oldie of us 2 years ago at the farm.

Owen at 2 years old at Lane Farms


Adam is quite the juggler with baby pumpkins!

Team Work. Owen pulls, Emily pushes : )
Here's Owen at 2 yrs. driving the tractor.


Owen and his co pilot driving the tractor.

Emily got to pet the sweet donkey : )
No comments:
Post a Comment