She loves to be held and is very attached to me. She lights up when I walk in the door and she literally swims to me through the air. She is starting to get heavy to hold for very long, but I don't mind. I love holding her, knowing that this phase will pass and I will not be able to carry her around forever.
Friday, May 6, 2011
10 Months Old
We just moved last month and have been a little overwhelmed with packing and unpacking, while managing two small children and working. Never again. I hope we can buy the house we are living in, because I don't ever want to do that again! Needless to say, I have a lot to catch up on!
In the past two months, Emily has gotten her first bottom tooth (9 months), learned to crawl (8 1/2 months), and is standing pretty well on her own without support. It won't be long before she is chasing after Owen on her two cute feet. It's all going by so fast.
Emily's favorite toy right now are a Sponge Bob soft baseball bat (was a Christmas present for Owen)...I think she is getting ready to defend herself against her big brother who plays a little too rough sometimes. She always has to have something in her hands, whether it's a ball, bat, matchbox car or blanket. Her hands are rarely empty, she even crawls with things in her hands. Sometimes she will get frustrated because there are three things in front of her that she wants, but only has two hands to grab.
Her favorite food is Trader Joe's O's cereal. LOVES IT. Her feet start dancing and her whole high chair starts shaking when she sees the box. She just started eating more solid finger foods lately. She will eat just about anything if she can pick it up by herself. She is still not a fan of bananas yet. I am sure that will change at some point, we keep trying.
She has a laugh like no other baby. It's similar to Woody Woodpecker. I am not kidding. It is extremely contagious and gets all of us laughing when she does it. Owen is still her number one comedian. 
She loves to be held and is very attached to me. She lights up when I walk in the door and she literally swims to me through the air. She is starting to get heavy to hold for very long, but I don't mind. I love holding her, knowing that this phase will pass and I will not be able to carry her around forever.
She is quite the explorer these days. Today she discovered the Tupperware cabinets in the kitchen. If she is anything like Owen, this will be quite a long phase of putting away Tupperware 20 times a day! She also figured out how to peel and eat a mandarin while no one was looking!
She just started humming to herself recently. The humming is pleasant, her shrill squeak when is happy is not. She is very LOUD and gives Owen some true competition. Overall, she is a happy baby and we are all in love with her and her baby doll eyes and soft wavy hair.


Owen better watch out, he has a very strong little sister who can hold her own!
Though she has a big personality, she is still a tiny little girl. She can still wear some size 6 month clothes, but is pretty comfortable in 9 months. When she was born her pediatrician said, "she is so tiny, she will probably grow up to be a size 4." My Mom and I laughed and said, "not in this family!" But maybe Dr. Vic was on to something....
She loves to be held and is very attached to me. She lights up when I walk in the door and she literally swims to me through the air. She is starting to get heavy to hold for very long, but I don't mind. I love holding her, knowing that this phase will pass and I will not be able to carry her around forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment