These are the Nut Tree rocking horses I remembered from my childhood. They make me happy : )
Sadly, it was raining, but we made the best of anyway. Thankfully Owen loves playing in the rain!

I also used to LOVE to play in these when I was a kid.
My Little Bunny
In the midst of all the fun Owen was having in the rain, he accidentally slammed his little fingers in the door of the animal wall : ( I know Adam hates it when I take pictures of the kids crying, but it's part of life and I like to have pics of these too. Sorry Owen, you will be glad to have these when you are older. : )
After a quick jaunt through the Nut Tree we were back on the road to Walnut Creek to visit my oldest friend Amy, her husband Brian and their three sweet boys. We have known each other since preschool!
Their new house is beautiful and spacious, we felt at home, and Owen certainly loved it since there were toys galore around after Christmas! The boys were all really sweet and welcoming to Owen. They just warm my heart.
Owen and I spent a lot of time playing ping pong on their new table. Well, actually he spent a lot of time chasing the ping pong ball all over the house after I hit it to him. He's still a little young for that game!
Owen and Jack, Connor and Ben
Emily loves to sit at the table with us when we are eating. She can't wait to eat lots of real food with utensils all by herself.
The Next and last day we headed to Santa Clara to see My Grandma Pat and her husband Paul (who will be 95 this week!). It was a short visit as Grandma wasn't feeling great. But it was good to get some hugs from her and catch up a little bit before she had to lay down. We also got to see my Aunt Pat on her lunch break briefly which was nice. I hope we can all spend more time together again soon. But not looking forward to any more long drives with kids.
Finally we made it home safe and sound. The drive home wasn't too bad and seemed a little faster than on the way there.
Emily looks like a little Pope here with her Papal hat and staff. Owen thought it was funny to put her hat on her head when we got home from our trip. It was pretty funny looking. Sorry Emily, you can delete this when you are a teenager. ; )


No comments:
Post a Comment