script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Drum Day/ Surprise party

Saturday was a big day for Owen. I have been excited to attend "Drum Day" for the past few weeks, knowing that Owen would LOVE something like this. Basically, it's an organized event where anyone can come and bring a drum of some sort and just play. I have walked past these types of drum circles in the past, and just love feeling the energy of it all. This time it was our turn to be a part of it.

We started our afternoon at the harbor and took a water taxi (called, Lil' Toot) to the pier. From there, we walked across the street to Chase Palm Park where the drumming awaited us. It was hot, Owen was getting pretty tired, and Adam was tired from carrying him most of the way (we forgot to bring the stroller!) but I was ready to drum! We only stayed for about 1/2 an hour, I would have LOVED to have stayed longer, but Owen was over it and we had a surprise birthday party to attend at Steven's Park.
I love the slogan "I Came. I Rode. I Tooted...." Owen talks about his "toots" all day long. He names them all and thinks this is hilarious! There is the "kiss toot" where he kisses you while he toots, or the "poop toot," "running toot," the "helicopter toot" (don't ask, I have no idea where he gets this stuff? Certainly not from me!) So this sticker was quite fitting for him to wear!Once we got to the park for our friend Alelia's 30th Birthday party, we saw another group who was having a party as well. This group had a bouncy house, and were kind enough to let Owen crash their party and jump to his hearts content! He got his second wind and once again, played hard.
This is what he looked like after 3 minutes on the road on our way home.

No comments: