script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/BarefootBeach3col.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Friday, December 4, 2009

Tis' the Season to be Jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la laaaa!

OK, I should have probably turned this into a few different posts, but it's too late. So bare with me and all my pictures : ) This week we started Christmas early. On Sunday, Nanna, Pappy and Adam took Owen to the Yacht Club to trim the tree, decorate sugar cookies, eat an all you can eat kids buffet and watch a Christmas puppet show. Owen had a ball! Here is the sunset that night from the club. (Adam took this one).
Owen started off with his first plate of mac and cheese (his favorite) piled high, with french fries and chicken strips. Ugh, not one green thing on his plate : ( He survived, and so did I ; )Oh here comes the greens....oh wait, it's icing for his sugar cookies! Putting on sprinkles as a finishing touch to his edible art work.He got to explain it all to me when I came in. (I had to miss the start of it because I had to work). For some reason he didn't quite get the concept of eating it when he was done. So we took them home and he had them over the past two days. He was pretty excited as he shoved it in his mouth saying "more" with his cheeks full of flour and sugar already!

We got to the puppet show a few minutes after it started and Owen took off on his own and worked his way through all the kids and found a seat right up front! : ) He had never seen anything like this, he was in awe!
Thank you Nanna and Pappy for taking Owen! He loved it!The next morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise with fog rolling out in the field behind our house. The pictures don't do it justice, but it was a bonus for getting up early. : )

My Mom said that my Dad used to LOVE Christmas and would always get the tree the day after Thanksgiving. I wouldn't mind doing this, however, I am a little worried about having a dead tree on Christmas morning...so we waited until December 1st to get it. I think I am especially excited this year because Owen actually 'gets it' this time around. He talks about Santa Claus and Christmas lights etc, every day. He is getting very excited, and I am so excited to see his face on Christmas morning!
We just went around the corner to Home Depot to get our tree. I would have rather gone to a lot with the works, but it was a last minute decision to go and the trees we have gotten there in the past have all been great. Owen had a blast running around picking trees saying "THIS ONE!" to every tree he saw. He's not too picky!

Covering those sensitive ears of his when they cut off the bottom of the trunk to keep it freshTime to decorate! Our little reindeer helper was ready to get to work! Starting with the lights first of course.Adam untangling the lights. I had it on a slow shutter speed to get the craziness of the lights on accident. Thought it was cool : ) They were not as tangled as it looks!All done and lit up. Now Owen gets to check out all the ornaments for the rest of the night.


The End.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Terri. The photos that you took with the tree lights glowing on his face are wonderful. You really captured the wonder and excitement of lighting the tree .